Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

EvolvedIDs safety features guide

posted by katiemay56 20 hours ago 199 views 0 comments

I want to specifically address the EvolvedIDs safety features because the discussions I keep seeing in forums either go too technical for practical use or stay so vague they're useless. Here's what I've actually verified on my own cards from this vendor.

Overlay and Lamination

The holographic overlay on recent EvolvedIDs cards covers the photo zone and extends into the data zone as expected. When you tilt the card under a light source, the overlay produces a color shift that's visible from about a 30-degree range of angles. This is the most commonly checked feature at bars and venues, and EvolvedIDs handles it well in current production. Earlier batches from 2024 had some consistency issues with the overlay, but the cards I've received in 2025 and 2026 have all been correct.

UV Features

Under a 365nm UV light, the expected security element is present and visible on my most recent four EvolvedIDs orders. The element is in the correct zone for each state, and the fluorescence is even across the feature. This is worth checking specifically when your card arrives because it's the easiest thing to test at home and one of the harder features to fake convincingly at the production level.

Barcode Integrity

I've tested every EvolvedIDs barcode I've received on three different scanner apps. All have decoded successfully, and the field data has been consistent with the printed card information on all of them. Zip code encoding was correct — this was a known issue in older EvolvedIDs production — and jurisdiction codes matched the state on all cards tested this year.

Overall the safety features on EvolvedIDs cards are appropriate for a mid-to-high range novelty card vendor. The overlay and UV features in particular are done well in current production, which are the two elements that matter most for practical use as a collector piece.

1

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Please login to comment on this thread.