Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

Is OldIronSides tracking working?

posted by egordin 1 month ago 345 views 2 comments

OldIronSides tracking has been a recurring question this week so I spent some time actually testing it rather than just relaying what I've heard. My current order has a tracking number that was issued six days ago. Here's the status as of this morning.

The tracking number format is a standard USPS format. It showed the first scan — "accepted at origin facility" — on the day it was issued, then went silent for four days. This morning a new scan appeared: "in transit to next facility." That's the complete history right now.

From what I can tell, the tracking is working in the sense that it's recording real events — the scans match plausible transit milestones for a package moving from their origin to my region. What it's not doing is updating at every intermediate step. Packages on this shipping route often skip several scan events in the middle, which makes the tracking look broken when it's actually just sparse.

I'd say the tracking link is functional, not broken. The difference matters for how you interpret a four-day gap. If the link itself returns an error or "tracking number not found," that's a problem worth escalating. If it shows a scan and then goes quiet, that's normal behavior for this carrier and this route in my experience.

My threshold for contacting OldIronSides about a stale tracking number is fourteen days from the last scan with no delivery. Before that point, I assume the package is in transit and the carrier simply isn't generating intermediate scan events. Based on past orders, the package usually shows up within three to four days of the last scan I see — the final delivery scan and the previous transit scan are often separated by the same kind of gap that makes the tracking look stuck.

11
danthegreat20 •

Yeah I noticed the silence too, and it makes me hesitant to pull the trigger on anything right now. Slow batch is one thing, but a total lack of updates for weeks feels more like a vendor communication problem than just bad luck. I'd wait and see if anyone actually posts a touchdown before trusting the tracking page again.

0
0
chafee2016 •

No clue, nobody's posted tracking in weeks. Last I saw people were still waiting on updates, so it could just be a slow batch rather than anything wrong. I haven't pulled the trigger myself yet, mostly because I want to see if others actually get their packs first.

0
0

Please login to comment on this thread.