What I changed on my second order
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!
Please login to comment on this thread.
Thread Info
Thread Author
YV
yvngchogi
Member since Aug 2025
9
Posts
5
Threads
27
Karma
Secure Payment Methods
Learn about the safest payment methods for online transactions. Bitcoin, gift cards, and more.
Learn More
VVL Vendors
Related Discussions
Your First Night Out - Complete Success Guide
0 replies
Novelty ID arrived - Quality check guide before first use
0 replies
First Time Ordering - Step by Step Walkthrough
0 replies
Photo Requirements Guide - Getting the Perfect Picture
0 replies
State Selection Guide - Choosing Your First ID Wisely
0 replies
First time buyer - what to know?
0 replies
Forum Moderators
🛡️
AdminFIDV
Administrator
⭐
Sterlingwalkeri
Moderator
⭐
Butter
Moderator
⭐
supermod
Moderator
Community Stats
Total Members:
720
Online Now:
0
Total Threads:
1,818
Total Posts:
6,764
Community Guidelines
New to our community? Read our guidelines for safe and respectful interactions.
Learn More
My first order was a learning experience. Not a bad card, but not as good as it should have been given what I know now. The second order was meaningfully better in three specific ways that I want to document.
The first thing I changed was the photo. On my first order I submitted a photo I had taken indoors with a single overhead light. The result on the card was a face with slightly uneven lighting and a shadow under my jaw. For the second order I spent 20 minutes getting the lighting right — two light sources, both at face level, neutral background. The card photo came back noticeably cleaner and looked more like a genuine ID photo.
State selection
I ordered California the first time because it seemed like the most common choice. The vendor's California template was technically correct but the holographic overlay was clearly lower quality than what I had seen in comparison photos. For the second order I looked for a state where recent reviews specifically praised hologram quality. Ended up with Florida, which got better reviews for that element from this vendor, and the hologram on the second card was noticeably sharper.
Communication before ordering
Before placing the second order, I messaged the vendor asking two specific questions: what material the card substrate was, and whether the barcode was tested before shipping. The answers were specific and knowledgeable rather than generic, which gave me more confidence than the first order where I just placed the order without any interaction.
The second card passed barcode testing on three apps where the first card had been marginal on one of them. The photo looked like a real ID photo. The hologram behaved correctly on tilt. None of these improvements required paying more — they all came from better preparation and vendor selection based on more specific criteria than I used the first time.
The pattern is simple: the more specific your preparation, the better the result. Generic choices produce generic outcomes.