Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

Writing a vendor complaint that works

posted by bruhmoment129 20 hours ago 124 views 0 comments

Sent four vendor complaints over two years. Two were resolved quickly in my favor. Two went nowhere. The difference was entirely in how I wrote them, not in whether the complaints were valid.

Lead with facts, not feelings

The two complaints that worked both started with: order number, payment date, specific problem, and evidence. The two that went nowhere started with how frustrated I was and how long I'd been waiting. Vendors read dozens of support messages — a message that immediately gives them the facts they need to pull up my order and understand the issue gets processed faster than one they have to decode.

Be specific about the problem

Bad: "The card doesn't look right and I'm not happy with it."
Good: "The UV feature in the lower right corner is absent. Under 365nm UV, there should be a state outline visible — it's not present on the delivered card. I'm attaching a photo of the card under UV compared to the expected feature."

The specific version tells the vendor's production team exactly what to check. The vague version generates a form response asking for more information, which adds days to the resolution.

State what you want

End the message with a clear request: replacement card, refund, or credit toward a future order. Leaving the resolution open-ended puts the burden on the vendor to guess what you want. "I'd like a replacement card with the corrected UV feature" is clearer than "Please fix this."

One message, then wait

After sending, wait 72 hours before following up. Vendors running support queues don't resolve issues faster because a customer sends multiple messages — if anything, multiple messages from the same customer can get flagged and deprioritized. One clear message, one follow-up if needed, and then escalate through alternate channels if both are ignored.

16

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Please login to comment on this thread.