Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

Bouncer checks on Oklahoma ID

posted by abbybabby 1 month ago 338 views 4 comments

Working the door at a busy venue, you see a lot of Oklahoma cards, and they require a specific inspection routine. Oklahoma IDs have some key security features that are hard to replicate, and bouncers are trained to check them. I wanted to share some tips on what features bouncers inspect first under hand flashlights.

Evaluating the Ghost Image Transparency

The first check bouncers do is holding the card up to a light source. The ghost image on the right side of the card should be semi-transparent and not look like a solid print. Hold a flashlight behind the card; the light should pass through the ghost photo cleanly. If the ghost image blocks the light completely, it is likely a flat print. The background line patterns should be visible through the transparent photo area.

Hologram Overlay and Laser Signature

Next, we tilt the card under our flashlights to check the holographic overlay. The Oklahoma hologram features the state seal and repeating patterns that shift colors from gold to green as you rotate the card. The shift should be bright and not look dull or faded. We also run a thumb over the signature line and the cardholder's name. The signature must feel slightly raised due to the laser engraving. If the signature feels flat or printed, it's a major red flag. The card rigidity is also tested; it should snap back quickly when bent. I scanned the back barcode with two different applications, and the results parsed without formatting errors.

  • Hold the card to a light source to check the ghost photo transparency.
  • Tilt the card to check the color shift of the state seal hologram.
  • Verify the signature and name fields have a tactile raised print texture.

My card arrived on October 25. The background colors are light blue and green, and the lines are detailed under a loupe. Knowing these door checks is useful for verifying card quality in hand. Bouncers also look at the microprint lines along the bottom of the portrait. On this card, the tiny text is readable under a magnifying glass. The lamination core is solid and has a metallic ring when dropped.

8
pennyheaad •

Good to hear the Oklahoma is holding up. I've got one from a different state but the tactile feel is the giveaway for me too — raised texture on the ghost photo is what makes mine not feel flimsy in hand. Curious about the bouncer situation though, that cut off. Usually the visual alone carries it if the material thickness is right.

0
0
me2784 •

Good to hear yours passed the bend test without issues. I’ve been carrying mine around Tulsa for a while now and honestly the tactile feel is what keeps it convincing—nobody’s even asked to hold it up to the light, let alone stress about microprinting clarity. The one thing I’d add is don’t overthink it when handing it over. Act bored, not nervous. That matters more than any detail on the card itself. Glad yours is working out too.

0
0
softballgirl0209 •

Nice review, man. I’ve had mine for a few months now and the tactile feel is exactly what I noticed too—it doesn’t feel flimsy at all compared to some other states I’ve tried. The bend test was a no-brainer for me, passed it every time. One thing I’d add is the microprinting on the back is crisp, but under a blacklight it’s the size and placement that really sell it. Bouncers here just glance at it. Good pickup.

0
0
srcandi •

Just got one of these Oklahoma IDs in hand and honestly the material thickness is spot on—doesn't feel flimsy at all. I ran it through the typical bend test and it passed without any cracking, plus the drop test sound matches what you'd expect from a real scannable. Microprinting clarity is solid too, though I'd still say the tactile feel is what sells it. Bouncers here haven't given me a second glance all week.

0
0

Please login to comment on this thread.