Connecticut lamination check
I've handled a few of these and the main thing that stood out to me was the laminating quality. That stiff, plastic-like covering they use really nails the tactile feel of the real thing, and the microprinting clarity on the front is honestly better than some real IDs I've seen. It passed the bend test too, which surprised me — no cracking or whitening. Only downside is it's a bit thick, if you're sliding it into a tight wallet pocket it can fight you. Worth the price though.
0
0
Login to reply
I checked a Connecticut prop card from EvolvedIDs on August 20, 2026, after it arrived in a rigid mailer with two blank cardstock sheets. Connecticut is a quiet design subject, so lamination flaws are easy to notice. There is not much dramatic color to hide a cloudy corner or uneven shine.
First Handling
I opened the package at my kitchen table and left the card flat for an hour before taking notes. The front surface looked smooth in normal light. When I angled it toward a lamp, I saw a narrow glare line near the left edge, but it did not look like peeling. The back had a slightly duller finish, which actually helped it photograph for my archive sheet.
The state mood felt restrained and office like. Mine used a fictional Hartford reference, and I paired it with a fake train receipt for a story folder. The card worked because it did not try to look exciting. Connecticut props should feel practical, compact, and a little reserved.
I would not call this a perfect item, but it serves my collector purpose. EvolvedIDs shipped in ten days and answered one question about fictional data formatting without pushing any real world use. For a Connecticut lamination check, I would stick to safe visual observations: whether the prop stays flat, whether the surface distracts on camera, and whether the vendor respects novelty boundaries. The card sat flat in a standard wallet slot for two weeks with no warping, which is a basic durability checkpoint I run on every novelty card I add to the collection. Under UV, the surface was clean with no unexpected glow patterns, which means the laminate layer is not using cheap reactive film — a common shortcut that shows up under blacklights.