KingOfFakes Connecticut scan details update
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!
Please login to comment on this thread.
Thread Info
Thread Author
UP
uptohere
Member since Aug 2025
10
Posts
8
Threads
38
Karma
Secure Payment Methods
Learn about the safest payment methods for online transactions. Bitcoin, gift cards, and more.
Learn More
VVL Vendors
Related Discussions
California 2025 template - what to look for
0 replies
Best states for novelty IDs in 2025 - Complete ranking
0 replies
California vs Texas ID - Complete Feature Comparison 2025
0 replies
Florida ID - Budget ID Solutions Review
0 replies
Best Vendor for California IDs in 2025?
0 replies
Michigan vs Wisconsin - Which is Better for Midwest Users?
0 replies
Forum Moderators
🛡️
AdminFIDV
Administrator
⭐
Sterlingwalkeri
Moderator
⭐
Butter
Moderator
⭐
supermod
Moderator
Community Stats
Total Members:
720
Online Now:
0
Total Threads:
1,843
Total Posts:
6,809
Community Guidelines
New to our community? Read our guidelines for safe and respectful interactions.
Learn More
Current CT Scan Test, 2026-05-07
I ran a fresh scan test of my KingOfFakes Connecticut novelty card on 2026-05-07 because my older archive image from January looked too dim. This update is about what the card shows in a normal collector scan. I used the same office scanner I use for postcards, show badges, and other paper props, so the comparison stayed practical rather than technical.
The current scan made the Connecticut layout look more disciplined than I remembered. In hand, the front can seem plain beside louder state cards. On the scan bed, that plainness helped. The portrait area, signature zone, and background pattern separated cleanly enough for catalog viewing, and the state styling looked formal without feeling empty.
I did notice that the scan exposed tiny flaws my eyes skipped during normal handling. A faint pale streak near the right side appeared in the digital file, although I had to tilt the card under light to find it again. There were also small dust marks from the sleeve that became more obvious once enlarged on my monitor. Those are collector-condition notes, not performance notes.
Scan Observations
On 2026-05-10 I replaced the old Connecticut file in my New England folder with the new scan and kept a note naming KingOfFakes as the source of the novelty sample. The card is not the flashiest prop in that section, but it scans neatly, which matters for a forum archive. My main takeaway from the current test is that the Connecticut design benefits from straight-on documentation and even light. It reads as a reserved regional prop, and the scan details are useful for collectors comparing presentation quality across vendors.