Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

Nevada ghost photo check

posted by pennyheaad 1 month ago 263 views 3 comments

I spent some time checking the ghost photo on the Nevada driver's license replica. Nevada cards feature a ghost image on the right side that is a critical security element. I wanted to verify if the transparency of this secondary portrait matches the official reference cards under bright backlight.

Backlight and Transparency Checks

The ghost photo should be printed with a slightly lower opacity, which matches the official card design well. On this card, the ghost image is clean and has the proper transparency. Bouncers check this window by holding a flashlight behind it. The light should pass through the ghost photo cleanly, and you should see the background security patterns passing directly over it. The edges of the ghost image are smooth with no rough cuts or borders.

Lamination and Barcode Scanning

This card utilizes solid polycarbonate layers that produce a metallic ring when dropped. I tested the barcode on the back, and the mobile verification scan succeeded immediately, showing all parsed data accurately on my device. The customer signature vector is positioned properly on the front layer without overlapping. The lamination has a clean, glossy finish with no dust particles trapped inside. My package arrived on October 28, and the shipping stealth was secure. The card was placed securely between cardboard layers to prevent bending.

  • Inspect the ghost image transparency under backlight.
  • Ensure the background security lines are visible through the photo.
  • Verify that the window edges are smooth and clean.

I recommend checking the ghost photo under different lighting. The transparency remains clear, showing that the print layers are well-fused. I will update this thread if I notice any wear on the ghost image after a few weeks of use. The background colors are light blue and pink, and the lines are detailed under a magnifier. The microprint lines along the border of the main photo are legible under a jeweler's loupe. The card rigidity is standard and snaps back immediately.

2
Deferent •

Good to hear the microprinting clarity holds up under a loupe, that's usually my first test too. The lighter drop test sound probably just means a different PVC blend, not a red flag on its own. I've noticed material thickness varies a lot between runs, so if the bend test passed with no crease you're probably fine. How's the tactile feel on the text, does it have that slight raised bite or is it flat?

0
0
sarajcraw •

Good to hear the microprinting clarity held up under a loupe, that's usually where these things fall apart. I've been on the fence about the Nevada run myself. Did you check the tactile feel on the raised text areas? That's my go-to tell, it either catches your finger right or it's dead smooth. Curious how yours did before I pull the trigger.

0
0
nightjob •

Just got mine in from the Nevada run—had to double-check it under the loupe because the microprinting clarity is honestly better than I expected for the price. The material thickness feels right, but I ran it through the bend test anyway and it passed with no crease. Doesn't feel flimsy at all, which is my usual gripe with these. Only thing I'd flag is the drop test sound is slightly lighter than a real card, but nobody's catching that in a wallet. Solid pickup overall.

0
0

Please login to comment on this thread.