Nevada lamination check guide
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!
Please login to comment on this thread.
Thread Info
Thread Author
AL
allenchinkerton
Member since Aug 2025
10
Posts
5
Threads
43
Karma
Secure Payment Methods
Learn about the safest payment methods for online transactions. Bitcoin, gift cards, and more.
Learn More
VVL Vendors
Related Discussions
California 2025 template - what to look for
0 replies
Best states for novelty IDs in 2025 - Complete ranking
0 replies
California vs Texas ID - Complete Feature Comparison 2025
0 replies
Best Vendor for California IDs in 2025?
0 replies
Florida ID - Budget ID Solutions Review
0 replies
Michigan vs Wisconsin - Which is Better for Midwest Users?
0 replies
Forum Moderators
🛡️
AdminFIDV
Administrator
⭐
Sterlingwalkeri
Moderator
⭐
Butter
Moderator
⭐
supermod
Moderator
Community Stats
Total Members:
720
Online Now:
0
Total Threads:
1,853
Total Posts:
6,827
Community Guidelines
New to our community? Read our guidelines for safe and respectful interactions.
Learn More
Nevada Lamination Notes, 2026-06-03
I wrote this Nevada lamination check guide after handling my Nevada novelty card on 2026-06-03. The card is part of my prop collection, so my check was about the laminated finish as a visual and storage feature. I was looking at glare, edge neatness, sleeve behavior, and whether the surface helped the desert-themed front look finished.
The lamination on my sample is glossy enough to make the warm Nevada colors jump under soft light. Under a bare window, though, it throws a bright reflection across the portrait area and makes the card harder to photograph. I had better results with a shaded desk lamp angled away from the front. In that setup, the surface gave the card a polished casino-floor feel without hiding the printed artwork.
I checked the edges on 2026-06-04 after the card had spent a night in a standard collector sleeve. The corners stayed flat, and I did not see obvious bubbling that would distract from a display page. Along one side, the laminated layer caught light a little differently, which I marked as a condition note. It is not something I would notice from arm's length, but forum readers usually appreciate small handling observations.
What I Actually Checked
By 2026-06-09 the Nevada card still sat flat in the binder, which is my main practical concern with laminated novelty pieces. Some props look fine on arrival but start to bow after a few days. This one kept its shape and made the state artwork feel crisp. For collectors, that is the useful lamination check: does the finish support the look, photograph cleanly, and survive normal storage without becoming the only thing you notice?