Skip to main content
[email protected] 24/7 Support
Menu

Tactile test for California DL

posted by joface123 1 month ago 340 views 0 comments

I recently received my latest order of the California polycarbonate card and spent the evening testing the tactile engraving quality. A key indicator of a premium replica is how the raised printing feels under your thumb. On this print run, the signature field and the date of birth area have a distinct, raspy texture when you drag your nail across them.

Inspecting the Signature Ridges

On the genuine California cards, the laser tool burns the signature directly into the inner plastic layer. This process leaves a tangible, elevated edge that you can feel easily. The card I am reviewing matches this characteristic well. If you close your eyes and feel the signature, you can trace the script lines. Many budget versions simply flat-print this overlay, which is an immediate giveaway during physical inspection. I spent ten minutes tracing the lines of the signature to verify height uniformity.

DOB and Document Details

The minor raised fields like the birthdate also have a subtle tactile response on this template. I recommend comparing this card against a real one under angled lighting. You should see a slight drop shadow cast by the raised text itself. The tactile feel is firm and does not rub off when scratched, showing that the laser settings were adjusted properly before lamination. I also tested the card rigidity, and it snaps back quickly without any creasing when bent slightly. The core layers look tight under a loupe.

  • Check signature texture using a light thumbnail drag.
  • Look for the shadow effect under tilted desk lamps.
  • Verify that the raised print is clean and has no melted plastic residue.

For testing, I suggest trying the drop test on a wooden table. Polycarbonate has a metallic ring that sounds different from standard PVC cards. This card produces a clear, high-pitched clinking sound which indicates they used genuine polycarbonate core layers. My order arrived on October 12, and the physical feel is definitely a step up from the previous batch. I am planning to test the card in various wallet slots next week to monitor how it handles friction.

7

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Please login to comment on this thread.